SEPTEMBER 10th, 2023
FOR IMMEDIATE PRESS RELEASE
In October of 2021 employees of the federal public service were subjected to coercive vaccine mandates that infringed upon our right to medical privacy, bodily autonomy and informed consent.
Abandoned by our unions and threatened by our employer, FedsForFreedom took action and created a Liberty Membership which is a network of support, education and information sharing to support public servants who have experienced significant hardship and distress as a result of the actions of the federal government. In our pursuit of justice, we have also retained legal counsel, Umar Sheikh. Together, FedsForFreedom and our legal counsel have made the decision to pursue a class action lawsuit against the Federal Government of Canada .
To become a member of our Liberty Membership and join our class action, you must meet ALL of the criteria described below, at the time the policy was introduced in your department/agency/crown-corporation;
- You are/were a Federal Public Servant employed with a crown corporation, core-department or agency
- You are/were governed by a collective agreement, represented by a Union and pay Union dues
- You are/were unvaccinated or unwilling to disclose your private medical information
- On or after the date the policy was enacted in your department/agency/crown-corporation, you suffered 1 or more of the following harms;
- were terminated;
- attested you were unvaccinated or partially vaccinated, applied for and were denied an accommodation;
- were placed on unpaid leave and have not yet returned to work;
- were placed on unpaid leave and returned to work when the mandate was suspended, on or after June 20, 2022;
- retired early, or
- sought sick leave because of the mandates
FedsForFreedom maintains that medical privacy, bodily autonomy and informed consent are inviolable fundamental rights. As a result of the government’s policy, public servants have suffered irreparable harms and seek to remedy these harms through a class action lawsuit.
If you, or someone you know, has been negatively impacted by the vaccine mandates, and meets the aforementioned criteria, please visit our website https://www.fedsforfreedom.ca/liberty-membership/ and sign-up as a Liberty Member to submit your evidence survey and qualify to participate in our Class Action Lawsuit, once our Class becomes certified by the courts.
As a Liberty Member with FedsForFreedom you will benefit from:
- monthly membership meetings
- general & legal email updates
- general website resources
- Access to the Liberty Hardship Fund
- legal campaign announcement boards
- qualify to participate in our Class Action Lawsuit once our class becomes certified by the courts
Original Liberty Members who meet the class action criteria will be given the option to opt in to the class action lawsuit. Do not delay to sign-up as membership will only be open until 11:59pm EST November 10, 2023. You can also check us out on Facebook & Instagram @fedsforfreedom, or Twitter @Feds4FreedomCA.
END PRESS RELEASE