DISCLAIMER: This is not legal advice or legal representation. This is a template or an example. The reader may edit or appropriate any or all of the arguments presented in this document to make them their own, applicable to their own situation, if they so choose, at their own discretion (the “user”). The outcome of using the arguments presented in this document is in no way guaranteed. The user assumes full responsibility for the use made of this document.
NOTE: IF YOU ARE IN ROCCO’S & BERGMAN’S LAWSUIT YOU CAN’T FILE A GRIEVANCE AND STAY ON THE LAWSUIT
How To File An Individual Grievance With or Without The Union
1. Filing an individual grievance based on your situation you must read your collective agreement to find the timelines for your individual grievances. If it states 25 business days the deadline to file this specific individual grievance based on the unilateral changes to the terms and conditions of your employment is Friday November 12th, if your policy was announced October 6th.
2. Fill out INDIVIDUAL GRIEVANCE PRESENTATION (PSLRA s. 208)
Section 2: Must be filed out by union rep if they support you, if the union rep is not willing to support leave blank for individual grievance.
Section 3: Must be filed out by you or legal rep for individual grievance.
LINK FOR INDIVIDUAL GRIEVANCE BASED ON UNILATERAL CHANGES TO TERMS & CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT TEMPLATE – Paragraph 21 & 22 must me modified to your personal situation.
3. Fill out GRIEVANCE TRANSMITTAL FORM
Section 2: Must be filled out by you for individual grievance.
Section 3: Must be filed out by union rep if they support you, if the union rep is not willing to support leave blank for individual grievance.
4. Submit to your union rep and request that they support you with filing the grievance, if they do not reply do not wait, the deadline is still Nov 12th if your collective agreement states 25 days.
5. Submit to your level 1 supervisor if your not supported by your union.