FedsForFreedom is a registered Not-for- Profit (NFP) with a membership of diverse individuals, who have found strength and solace in each other, for many of us, during the most challenging times of our lives. We have accomplished incredible feats (read about some of them here) with a few passionate and dedicated Executive Team Members; now the time has come to expand our Executive Team of Excellence. If giving back to your community, making waves, and changing the course of history get you excited, keep reading!
As we prepare for a legal battle royal we need your help! We will be ramping up operations to prepare for our class action, doing loads of communicating with our members and organizing fun and creative fundraising activities! We want the world to know about us and the remarkable work we’ve done and what we’ve yet to do! We have openings on our Executive Committee that we need to fill with professional, enthusiastic and engaged individuals! Is it you we’re looking for?
5 hours /week, possibly more at the height of our class action lawsuit.
- The Fundraising Coordinator performs the strategic development function within the organization and drives its fundraising efforts to secure the resources needed to advance our not-for-profit’s work, namely our legal campaigns. The Fundraising Coordinator will be responsible for developing and implementing a timeline and strategy that assists our NFP in meeting (ideally exceeding) our fundraising goals through both passive and active fundraising. Collaborating with the Communications Coordinator will be required to promote the fundraising to donors and maximize public exposure. This individual will be an integral member of Feds For Freedom’s Executive Team as they assist us in building and maintaining sustainable revenue.
- Together with the Executive Team, the communications coordinator will devise and implement a communications strategy that will determine the content and frequency at which we will communicate with our membership regarding important matters like legal actions, fundraising, social media posts and press releases. They will collaborate with the Executive Team to create, or assist in the creation of, promotional and informational materials consistent with Feds For Freedom’s brand identity. They should be impeccable at oral and written communication devising material that is clear, concise, correct, complete and courteous.
Social Media Manager:
- On behalf of the executive our social media manager will be the voice of Feds For Freedom. They will be responsible for brand consistent public interactions on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & Telegram, approving posts in a timely fashion… They will work with the other members of the executive to develop an agile social media strategy that includes analyzing engagement data, identifying trends in interactions and assisting in building a solid online community.
Hardship Fund Approval Committee:
- FedsForFreedom Fund Review Committee will administer the review of the applications, including application qualification, verification of eligibility of member or other qualified individuals, but will not conduct any review of application for the purposes of distribution. Review and approval of requested funds is the sole responsibility of the Fund Review Committee, all information & documents collected will remain confidential to FedsForFreedom and will be retained for 7 years for tax purposes. Committee members will serve three-year staggered terms, unless otherwise specified.
- Translate necessary documents from English to French for potential members and current members to have access to documents in both official languages of Canada.
- Each of the aforementioned roles will have a unique set of responsibilities and skills, which will be discussed with interested parties; generally the requirements are as follows:
- Bring enthusiasm, optimism, passion and positivity to the table
- Participate in bi-weekly Executive meetings (virtual) and provide updates
- Participate in on-going committee work (fundraising and legal campaigns)
- Attend monthly meetings with Liberty members
- Celebrate successes and troubleshoot challenges with Executive Team
- Organization: Set priorities, develop a work schedule, monitor progress toward goals, and track details, data, information, and activities.
- Teamwork development: Work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problems, and make decisions that enhance organizational effectiveness.
- Effective communication: Speak, listen, and write in a clear, thorough, and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques.
- Incredible personal and professional experience
- Warm and fuzzy feelings attributed to working for the greater good
- No money, none at all
If this sounds like you, you have the skills, dedication and desire to be the change you seek and you want to work with some amazing people and have a wonderful time being part of something bigger than all of us, fill out the below survey and let’s schedule a chat!