Policy on COVID-19 Vaccination for the Federal Public Service
This victim impact statement is to be written to convey the detailed accounts of how individuals are being victimized as a direct result of the Federal Public Service COVID-19 Vaccination Policy. The statement will be used to show how the policy, its implementation, and associated rhetoric/harassment has had on the mental and physical health of the victims (employees) of this policy and their families.
Statements will be compiled and sent to Mental Health Ombudsman’s, EOAP/EAP, and Occupational Health and Safety.
When writing your letter:
- Clearly explain the emotional impacts the COVID-19 vaccination policy has had on you and your mental health. If you are suffering from depression, post-traumatic stress syndrome or anxiety as a direct result of the policy, include details about your experience. Be sure to include any nightmares or insomnia you might have developed as a result. Do not forget to discuss the effect of the policy on your personal relationships.
- Write in detail, the way in which the policy was implemented for you and how you felt as it happened. Please include details of any harassment, if it occurred.
- Include a detailed account of how being put on LWOP and the denial of EI are impacting you and detail the financial impacts\losses you have suffered as a result of being put on LWOP.
- Include in detail the factors that contributed to your decision to comply with the policy and get the COVID-19 vaccination (if it was something you were not wanting to do).
- Write about if you reached out to EAP/EOAP/other employer provided counselor and whether they were supportive or helpful regarding your emotional state related to the policy (Please use details, including:
o Who you spoke to;
o When you spoke to them (date and time If you know it);
o Why you called and what was said.
In closing, write your detailed opinion outlining what you believe to be an appropriate resolution to this policy, and a brief summary of the effects it has had on your mental health to date.
Make sure to provide your;
- Sign the letter, either with your name or anonymously, using “Irreparably harmed Federal Government Employee” in place of your name
We would like to ask for volunteers from this group, so that we can make a video compilation of members’ experiences to be used for public education. Whether your statement will be read by a member of our admin team or by yourself is completely your choice if you are willing to participate.