Registered: 4 months ago
Dryer Vent Cleaning and Safety Tips
Dryer vent fires are actually the number 1 cause of all dwelling fires within the US, outpacing chimney fires. Dryer vents are one of those out of sight, out of mind things which you can't afford to ignore. While you realize that the lint trap on a dryer (even a new one), only removes or stops 80% of the lint - you can see the importance of cleaning your exhaust system once a year.
Dryer lint is highly flammable and under the precise conditions can cause a dryer fire, typically spreading via the vent system which in turn spreads the fire rapidly throughout your home. As a dryer does it's job, about 1/2 a pound of water is removed, lint is trapped by your lint trap, and air is forced by your dryer exhaust system. Throughout time, this excess lint backs up in your dryer and the exhaust or venting system. Airflow is restricted, your dryer works harder and the motor overheats. With excess lint buildup, your dryer is now a ripe candidate for a dryer fire.
Dryer Safety and Inspection Ideas
1. Make sure your lint trap has no rips and also you clean it before each drying cycle. If the lint is wet in your lint trap, it may mean that it is time to clean your dryer vents. Also, the lint screen ought to be lightly scrubbed every week and washed with light dish washing soap.
2. Visually inspect your exterior vent hood on the side of your private home when the dryer is operating. Are the flaps moving, can you are feeling any airflow? If not, it is time to get your dryer exhaust system cleaned and your dryer inspected.
3. Examine around your dryer for lint on the floor. This is a warning sign that your dryer exhaust system needs to be cleaned.
4. In case your garments are taking more than one cycle to dry, this could possibly be a sign that your dryer exhaust system needs to be cleaned proper away.
5. Never dry any garments or rags which have been soaked with any flammables. It might probably cause an explosive situation in your dryer.
Dryer Vent Cleaning Recommendations
There are some online products available that you can use to clean your vents equivalent to brushes with rods that can be attached to a high powered drill. Most of those products are inferior and do a less than satisfactory job for dryer vent runs over 10'. It is crucial so that you can call a professional when doing dryer vent cleaning because of the different situations that can and will be encountered. A few of these conditions are fallacious vent types, loose or disconnected vents, or vents with too many angles and bends. A dryer vent cleaning professional normally has completely different types of cleaning equipment depending on the situation. It can be crucial so that you can ask the dryer vent professional in the event that they will do on site repairs or upgrades as approximately 50% of the roles encountered will want something of this nature.
Dryer Vent Repairs
Among the repairs that could be needed may include: rerunning or altering out the dryer vent exhaust duct work, adding or altering a vent hood that exits the site of the building, going into the attic or crawl space to do repairs, cleaning from the top of the roof starting from where the duct exits towards the dryer, and even tearing into the wall or ceiling to repair a vent that has come loose. In case you aren't a helpful individual that can do all the before talked about repair items, depart it to a dryer vent professional.
Bear in mind, to stop dryer vent fires in your house, get your dryer exhaust system cleaned once a year. For those who live in a condominium complicated make positive your property manager knows the significance of dryer vent maintenance. Apartment owners must also make dryer vent cleaning in their units a previousity.
If you beloved this article so you would like to get more info with regards to soft washing nicely visit our own web site.
Topics Started: 0
Replies Created: 0
Forum Role: Participant